60-inch Telescope Viewing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket to an observing session at the Mount Wilson 60-inch Telescope, the purchaser agrees to each of the following Terms and Conditions:
End of Terms and Conditions
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable except in the case of technical issues preventing us from operating the telescope that evening. In the event of cloudy weather, the ticket purchaser will be offered a future night of observing.
- No more than two tickets may be purchased by one individual. Tickets may not be sold or otherwise transferred to another person except by gift.
Children under 12 years of age may not attend an observing session. Each minor child must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Ticket purchaser acknowledges that the Mount Wilson Institute (hereinafter "MWI") is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt corporation that operates Mount Wilson Observatory pursuant to agreements with the Carnegie Institution of Washington and the United State Forest Service. Visitor understands and acknowledges that the facilities at Mount Wilson are not open to the general public and that access thereto is by invitation and by agreement.
- Ticket purchaser agrees to follow all rules, regulations and customs that are promulgated for visitors at Mount Wilson. Visitors will comply with all reasonable instructions of guides, docents and other personnel conducting visits and tours of the facilities on Mount Wilson. Visitor will also comply with all rules and regulations of the United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service. Violation of these requirements may result in suspension of Mount Wilson visiting privileges.
- Ticket purchaser shall defend, indemnify, and hold MWI and the Carnegie Institution of Washington, their trustees, officers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, expenses, damages, injuries and liabilities of any kind or nature, including attorney's fees arising out of, or in connection with, the Visitor's use of the facilities at Mount Wilson. This indemnification shall not apply to negligence or intentional act that is solely caused by officers, agents, employees, or servants of MWI.
- Ticket purchaser agrees to assume all risks of loss to persons or property which may occur during their visit except such loss as may be occasioned or caused solely by gross negligence or intentional act of any of the officers, agents, employees, or servants of MWI.